Here we go.

04 March 2009

Going there

(A post for fellow bloggers.)

Do you ever struggle with the dilemma of not being able to be whole & true on your blog? I have to do a great deal of self-censorship to maintain a level of civility, politeness and, well, just plain good manners.

What I mean is sometimes, my friends will do things that annoy or piss me off and I wanna write about it. I love them, but sometimes they fail to see how silly or bad or annoying or bitchy, etc. they come off as. Sometimes, I want to rail on my family. They drive me insane! Some days, I just feel MEAN. I don't want to give the impression that I'm nasty or petty or weird or angry, but, sometimes, I just wanna talk shit! There are some people who are fair game, amirite? Politicians & other public officials BEWARE.

I'm usually real private with my trash talking. I keep it between two certain people because they've never betrayed my dirty secrets. They let me rant and rave without judging me & I usually feel a lot better after going off on someone. Otherwise, I keep my opinions of others to myself.

It's general knowledge that you should be careful what you write on the Internet. It's forever, man! Chances are you may change your mind about something, which, you are entitled to do, but people don't forget meanness so easily. Too, maybe you didn't mean it in the first place. I guess you could delete the offending post, but, again, others will never forget.

At this point, I've talked myself out of wanting to talk shit on my blog, but I'll always have those days where I could really give so & so a piece of my mind.

I wish I was one of those people known for being brutally honest and can get away with it because it's to be expected, you know?

How do you deal, folks?

This should be a topic for an official Arkansas Blogger Convention. (Alannah!)

2 comments:

Alannah said...

I am so in agreement with you.

I've wanted to write SO BADLY about how insane my mother is but haven't because I don't want to create tension ripples in my family.

I also want to write about how crazy my job and boss can be but HELL NO. Even I, Queen of Foot in the Mouth, know better than to do that.

So I keep a private journal wherein I put notes so long after these people are dead I can open up the dusty closets and let the bitterness and meanness pour out!

AMD & KMHD said...

OMG, how could I forget my co-workers and boss?! That's a wealth of frustration right there. Sheesh.

I, too, come from a royal line of Foot in Mouth. Gods save the Queen!

Blog Archive